Say No to Resolutions.
Get a coach instead!
I’m starting to book Coaching Exploration Sessions for the New Year.
Now, I don’t encourage or get hyped up about New Year’s Resolutions. Most people can’t make them work. 80% of them fail by February.
Any time you’re ready for a change is a good time to start but have a clear and compelling goal or vision in mind, and a step-by-step plan of how you’re going to make that change, not just a desire to ‘stop doing x or y or z’ or start ‘a or b or c’.
Better yet, have a deep understanding of why you’ve been doing x or y or z and why it’s been hard to stop. Or why you want to start a or b or c and why it’s been so hard to simply start.
- Know Thyself!
- Be clear about your Personal Core Values and make goals that are aligned with them and honor who you are at your core.
- Know your own Limiting Beliefs and Mindsets and begin developing supportive and life-enhancing beliefs.
- Figure your Triggers – know what pushes your buttons, what fears lie within, what can get you derailed and falling in a downward spiral, and develop greater acceptance and compassion for yourself to help you build resilience.
- Understand yourself and recognize the parts of you that keep you stuck in self-sabotaging patterns, and why they do that (like the Inner Critic or Procrastinator or Perfectionist).
- And, decide… if you’re truly ready to succeed and sustain that success all year, or for the rest of your life.
- Believe it or not, that’s often a scary one for people. Very scary.
Without fundamental shifts in how you think, feel and behave, resolutions by themselves are just another way to set yourself up for failure.
Inside a coaching session, I don’t give advice. Outside of coaching, I might and I would advise most people not to bother with resolutions.
Start the year off right and get a coach instead.
Discover your true self, your deepest values, your greatest strengths, your ultimate fears, your deeply engrained limiting beliefs and your protective patterns.
Craft a compelling, purpose-driven vision steeped in your core values, and let’s get to work on creating meaningful goals in more than one area of your life.
And then let’s do the work of making it real, and rich, and fulfilling.
Does this resonate with you?
If you know yourself as someone with a tough inner critic, expectations so high you know you can’t meet them, or a pattern of preventing your own success and fulfillment, let’s have that talk.
Also, if know someone who might be interested and has been thinking about getting a coach, please pass this on to them if you feel I might be a good fit for them.
Whether it’s you or someone you care about, I will take the very best care to help you make 2022 the most positively transformative year of your life!